2015 is behind us and it is time for me to through out my empties from the past few months as well and get a clean start for the new year. Since the last empties post (here), I finished a lot of skincare products and went through my makeup collection to declutter, clean out old products that either dried out or I simply don’t use and pass them on. So grab a coffee ’cause this is going to be a long post with lots of empty products and mini-reviews of each one. I hope you enjoy the reading.
- The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil: I have finished now the third or fourth bottle of this amazing cleansing oil. I use it every evening to remove my makeup and it does wonders. However, since wearing the Lash Sensational mascara, I had to add the next product in my routine.
- Garnier Eye Makeup Remover: this two phase formula is great to remove stubborn liner and mascara, as well as not stinging and caring for your lashes. I have always a backup in my cabinet.
- Murad Essential-C Cleanser (travel size): I got this in a beauty box a long time ago and it lived in my gym bag or shower. I loved the gel consistency and did a great job as morning or second cleanse. Would totally repurchase it if I could afford it..
- De Tuinen Green Clay Mask: a basic clay mask, I used it a lot on my t-zone before it dried up in the tube and I can’t take any of it out anymore. I already have a backup because it is inexpensive and does it’s job well.
- Michael Todd Cranberry Antiox Hydrating Anti-aging Toner (travel size): a very nice toner based on natural active ingredients in an aloe base. Was part of a discovery set I’m trying to finish. If the brand would be more available (aka no customs costs) in Europe, I’d definitely buy more from them.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Astringent Toner: I loved this toner to exfoliate my skin and prevent breakouts thanks to the salicylic acid in it, but it had a lot of alcohol and my eyes stung any time I wiped it on my cheeks (not eyes!). So I moved on to others.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat Sebo-Regulating Moisturizer: This was my third (that I can remember) tube, and I loved it! I have now moved on to other moisturizers to see if I can find better (and I might).
- Mario Badescu Enzyme Revitalizing Mask: a lovely mask with clay and papaya extract, I found this in the 2014 Cosmania Beauty Box, but only now came around to using it. Loved it as a gentle peeling once a week and it really made me curious to try some more things from this natural brand.
- Sephora Tea Tree Sheet Mask: these masks were so talked about that I got the tea tree and honey masks recently in my Italian haul. The sheet mask felt very cooling and hydrating, but I’m not sure of the mattifying and purifying effects. It was still a nice treat!
- HEMA Cosmetic Brush Cleaner: my favorite brush cleanser, ever, period. It smells good, cleans and disinfects the brushes, nothing more I would want. Oh and it’s extremely affordable, I buy it in bulk.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara: the BEST mascara I’ve ever tried. Period. Better than the Benefit They’re Real (which did nothing to me), Rollerlash (second favorite maybe) and the other drugstore mascaras I loved. The waterproof formula is clumpy, whereas the normal one is the longest lasting, volumizing and lengthening all in one. Only complaint is that I need a two-phase remover and then my Body Shop cleansing oil to remove it. I already have a backup ready.
- Maybelline False Lash waterproof mascara: my previous favorite, I found it abandoned in a drawer and haven’t used it since I tried the Lash Sensational
- E.l.f. Eyelid primer: the one and only primer that keeps my eyeshadow creasless all day. I cannot be without.
- BE Creative Makeup Lipstick in Poppy: a very pretty coral with unfortunately not much staying power. I hadn’t used it much for this reason and it has gone off since.
- Catrice Waterproof liquid Liner: a good black liner with a brush tip, but I’m lazy most of the time, so it ended up drying out before I could actually use it up.
- Sleek Kohl Liner and Essence Longlastin Eyeliner: not shame or glory for both of these liner. I found them to be a bit too hard for my taste, so they ended up in a drawer and dried out.
- E.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in Medium: this used to be my go to kit before I switched to the brow pomade. This one had shattered a while ago and I already had a backup, so it had to go.
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray: another gem from the Cosmania Beauty Box, I just recently started using it to help me sleep while I was finishing my thesis, and I’m hooked. The light lavander smell is very soothing and it definitely helped me sleep longer and calmer. Luckily the new 2015 Cosmania Beauty Box also included one of these so I am set until the end of my PhD.
After this marathon, my beauty room is definitely lighter and emptier and I’m a bit happier too. If you made it this far, I’m impressed!
Did you try any of these products or will you in the future?