After a few hiccups in course of production, the new Makeup Geek eyeshadows for Fall 2016 are here! If you’ve been following me for a while, you must know I’m a Makeup Geek addict, so I was absolutely over the moon when they contacted me to try out their new signature and foiled eyeshadows releasing for Fall 2016. With 9 banging foiled shadows and 9 smooth neutral shades, this collection has something for everyone.
When I first saw the press release and sneak peeks of this collection I wondered if we needed nine more Makeup Geek neutral eyeshadow shades. My answer is yes! This expansion of the line includes both warm and cool tones that remind me of smooth fur and maple syrup in both matte and shimmer finishes.
- Faux Fur: soft mink brown with a matte finish. Smooth and wonderful
- Bandwagon: dusty taupe with a matte finish. Cool toned transition shade on my skin tone.
- Lucky Penny: medium rose brown with a shimmery finish. This shade is interesting thanks to the warm base with silver shimmer.
- Bake Sale: nougat brown with a matte finish. A very versatile transition shade.
- Tan Lines: fawn brown with a matte finish. A medium brown that would work wonderfully as a one eyeshadow look.
- Pocket Change: soft bronze with a shimmery finish. Pretty for a fall daytime look with a lot of shine.
- Cabin Fever:chestnut brown with a matte finish. I am extremely excited about this beautiful medium brown. I have taken to using it in my brows.
- Sidekick: cinnamon brown with a matte finish. Another of my favorites in the bunch.
- Early Bird: pumpkin orange with a matte finish. I just can’t have enough orangey tones for fall, but all year actually.
Nine new Makeup Geek eyeshadows in their amazing foiled formula? Yes please! This expansion includes warm colors as well as more purples, greens, a lime and a grey that stole my heart.
- Limelight: lime green with a metallic foiled finish.Bam! I am looking forward to using this shade. It is so out there
- Nostalgic: bubblegum pink with a metallic foiled finish. A beautiful inner corner or lid highlight for every day wear f.
- Hype: amethyst purple with a metallic foiled finish.This didn’t have the greatest pigmentation but the color is too stunning to leave pass.
- Plot Twist: medium periwinkle with a metallic foiled finish. This was the other shade with a bit of difficulty on in translating the color from the pan to the skin.
- Sorcery: deep slate with a metallic foiled finish. I am so in love with this shade. It has some amazing blue-grey reflections that make a real statement eye look.
- Epic: emerald green with a metallic foiled finish. This forest green fills out a hole in Makeup Geek’s shade selection and is an absolute must for the coming holiday season.
- Take Two: olive green with a foiled finish. Fall is not fall without an olive green eyeshadow. Beautiful.
- Legend: warm bronze with a metallic foiled finish. This is what ambrosia, the food of the gods would look like. So metallic and so gorgeous.
- Curtain Call: cranberry red with a foiled finish. The best for last. The red that was missing from the foiled eyeshadow collection.
So here are all the new Makeup Geek eyeshadows for Fall 2016. Nine metallic foiled eyeshadows and nine neutrals that are on trend and perfect for this season. I am super excited to start playing with them.
The new Makeup geek eyeshadows are available on makeupgeek.com as single pans or in discounted bundles. The single pans are $6 for the signature shadows and $10 for the foiled. You can get the 9 pan Fall 2016 Signature Eyeshadow bundle for $45 ($5/eyeshadow) here or the Foiled Eyeshadow Expansion set (2016) here for $80 ($8.90/eyeshadow). Makeup Geek ships internationally, but to avoid import taxes BeautyBay.com is a safer bet.
This was only the first swatches and presentation of the shades. Since there are so many, I split comparison swatches in two post. You can find them here:
Which ones will you be picking up?