Holiday season is upon us, and it’s the perfect excuse to go all out on glam makeup. Today’s video is a makeup tutorial on this purple and gold look for a holiday or New Year’s Eve party in collaboration with a fellow youtuber Rotem Beauty.
For this look I wanted to bring some of the traditional characteristics of a holiday makeup look, such as glitter, gold, false lashes and a winged liner, and combine them with color, which I love so much. To have a strong contrast I decided to use a warm toned yellow with purple and make it festive.
I feel the most important part of this look is making a good base shadowing to add the colors on top and of course the glitter. I decided to use a glitter liner to make my life easy and prevent fall out, just keep in mind that you need to let it dry before opening your eyes or you’ll get glitter all over your eye.
- Kiko Milano Neutral Eye Base here
- Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean, Beaches & Cream, Bandwagon, Taboo, Curfew, Corrupt here
- Nabla Cosmetics Cleo eyeshadow here
- Urban Decay Urban from the Electric palette here
- Inglot AMC n.77 liner + Duraline here
- Nabla Cosmetics Velvetline in Bombay Black here
- Ardell Demi Wispies here
- NYX Crystal Liner in Gold here
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow pomade in Chocolate here
- Nabla Cosmetics Brow Pot in Mars here
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel here
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless foundation in 220 here
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer 20 here
- Kiko Milano Full Coverage concealer 03 here
- Neve Cosmetics Hollywood powder here
- Nabla Cosmetics Cameo, Jasmine here
- Tarte Cosmetics Color Wheel, blush Idol here
My first and most wearable choice of lipstick is a gold lip composite by Who Is She Cosmetics (seen here). Of course being me, “just” gold lips weren’t enough and I felt the need to try some darker combinations for this look. Not owning any cool toned purple lipsticks, I went for this very dark purple by Colourpop and even applied the lip composite on top (video here) and really loved the result. Finally I wanted to see how my favorite purple lipstick MAC Instigator suited this look, but I must say it’s a bit too plum and warm for the eyes in my opinion.
- Who Is She Cosmetics Nine to Five lip composite here
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Guess here
- MAC lipstick Instigator here
So here is my suggestion of a purple and gold Nye Year’s Eve makeup look, with the whole shabam: glitter, winged liner, false lashes and stand out lips. Is this something you would wear to a party? If not, what type of look would you like to see next?
I hope you enjoyed the video and post and don’t forget to check out Rotem’s channel here and tell her I sent you!