Another Colourpop post? Yes please! Today is all about the Colourpop Valentine’s collection swatches, review and a quick tutorial on how to depot them.
I reviewed and swatched the first round on Colourpop’s pressed shadow launch here, and in a few words: YOU NEED THEM! Haha, ok I’m a bit extreme, but I love the mattes and jumped on the new releases.
The Colourpop Valentine’s Collection was released early on the evening of February 6th and is still available on Colourpop’s website. The collection consists of five pressed eyeshadow duos, a super shock shadow quad, two super show shadow pigments, a tie dye super shock highlighter, a mini liquid lipstick set, three lippie stix in a new creme formula and three makeup brushes.
I picked up three duos and one of the pigments, and I am really happy with my choice and speed of ordering. A lot of the collection is now out of stock unfortunately but we know that nothing is really gone from Colourpop until it goes through a “Last call”, so we can probably expect most products to be back in stock soon.
Back to the products. The eyeshadow duos are a limited edition packaging with a pretty cardboard box with the name of the shades and a super cute envelope palette inside, containing the two eyesadows. These palettes are magnetic and in the video I show you how to easily depot them without destroying the packaging.
One of a kind duo:
- Going Steady is a matte dusty wine and a shade that I have hunted down for ages. It is extremely pigmented and smooth, similar to the formula of Stay GOlden and Criss Cross. The swatch looks a bit patchy, but it must have been from some makeup remover residue on my arm or finger, because it usually swatches much better (dang it!).
Pinky Promise is a metallic wine in their best foiled formula. The texture and shine is very similar to Milli, which is my favorite metallic from Colourpop.
Meant to be duo:
- Bouquet Toss is a metallic pinky peach, but a very light one. It is slightly less foiled than Pinky Promise but a beautiful shade.
- Flowerboy is a matte hot peachy pink. It is very pigmented and beautiful, it is very similar to Makeup Geek Poppy.
Apple of my eye duo:
- Say I Do is the matte baby pink I was missing in my collection and it is a very wearable shade in the crease or on the lid of a matte look.
- 143 is an intense deep lilac. Definitely a beautiful and unique shade, unfortunately purples are notoriously hard to formulate and 143 is patchy both on the arm and on the eyes.
Fooling Around super Shock Pigment:
Fooling Around is a bright metallic red with a strawberry shimmer and I must be honest, it won me over with it’s looks but I am slightly regretting the purchase. It is incredibly pigmented and definitely gorgeous, however, these pigments are not simple eyeshadows. These are marketed as Pigments and not Eyeyshaodws because they contain Lake dyes that are marked not safe for the eyes in the US, but are safe according to EU regulation. So feel free to use them on the eyes, but be ware of staining! You can see in the video that the swatch stained my are and I had to do quite some scrubbing to get it off. So I would suggest to use these pigments with a cream eyeshadow underneath that will prevent it from staining too much.
So here are the items I picked up from the Colourpop V-Day collection. These are available on Colourpop.com and all the eyeshadows retail for $5 each, and the duos are $10.
The duos are almost all sold out at the moment, and Colourpop has let us know that they will not be restocking them in this cute little heart shaped packaging. Good news is that they have released all the pressed eyeshadow shades as singles and are all in stock. I really recommend all of the pressed shades except for 143, that one can easily be skipped because the formula is not great.
I have also told you my reasons to be weary when purchasing the pigments, but the shade Fooling Around is gorgeous!v The pigments are also sold out at the moment but I don’t have any information about the restock date for those yet.
Next post coming up is the comparison of all my Colourpop pressed shadows with Makeup Geek and some Nabla shadows as well. Keep an eye out for those!
Did you pick up something form the Colourpop Valentine’s Collection? Which shades are you intrigued by?