Ah the day of love, pinkness and hearts. Valentine’s Day has never been a particularly important day for me but somehow every year the first two weeks of February are all about the pink makeup. I naturally tend towards plummy shades and this year I want to share a Kylie inspired Valentine’s Day makeup tutorial.
I absolutely loved this photo of Kylie Jenner on the Instagram, promoting the launch of the Kylie Cosmetics Valentines Collection, and decided I wanted to attempt the look on my channel. This intense plum smokey eye is definitely up my street and a makeup look that I would wear on a date without thinking twice. I also really love the detail of the little heart on the cheekbone, such a cute hint to this holiday, though I wouldn’t actually wear that outside the house.
I struggled in this look to keep the smokey eye quite close to the eye itself instead of extending it towards the temple, as I have been doing lately and which helps to correct the hood of my eyes. However, the original makeup isn’t that blown out so I followed that guideline and I must say that it makes the look really wearable.
A particular detail that I’d like to point out is the extension of the inner corner using the shimmery lid shadow right under the inner corner highlight. Nikkietutorials uses this trick in a very detailed and sharp way often in her looks, taking it from drag queens. In this look it is used in a more subtle way and I should really implement it more on my daily makeup because it really gives a beautiful effect.
- Zoeva Waterproof Creme Gel Eyeliner Making Magic
- Suva Beauty Hookah eyeshadow
- Colourpop Pressed eyeshadow Get Out (more here)
- Nabla Cosmetics Grenadine (more here)
- Neve Cosmetics Pastello Occhi Gioia
- Makeup Geek Full Spectrum Eyeyliner Plumeria (here)
- Nabla Cosmetincs Velvetline Bombay Black (here)
- Ardell Demi Wispies lashes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Chocolate
Face and lips:
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless foundation 128
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer 10
- Neve Cosmetics Hollywood palette
- Makeup Geek Bad Habit Contour
- Nabla Cosmetics Blossom Blush Impulse (more here)
- Makeup Geek x Kathleenlights highlighter palette (here)
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Notion
As you can see in the video, it is important to blend out the cream base quickly or you’ll spend your evening blending eyeshadows to hide that mistake.
What do you think about this look? Would you wear it out on a date?