Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette dupes:
There are three non-matte shades in the Subculture palette, all with different formulas.
- Cube: TKB trading has two dupes for this duochrome pink shade, the Hilite Red and Traveling to Mars. They are both very similar and the way I pressed them, they are way easier to apply and get good pigmentation from.
- Electric: Makeup Geek Karma and Colourpop Play By Play are both good dupes, with the first one being the closest. The dupes are not glittery, as opposed to Electric.
- Adorn: Makeup Geek Legend is a perfect dupe and Colourpop Milli is slightly more yellow and muted.
- Dawn: is a slightly yellow based neutral that isn’t perfectly duped by any of the shades above, but all of those will be a great substitute as these shades are used as transition.
- Mercury: the closest shade I found is Makeup Geek Faux Fur, which is still a bit lighter than Mercury. I do not own Brownie Points, which has been mentioned as a possible dupe.
- Edge: this is a shade in between Colourpop Paper Tiger and Lime Crime Mustard (Venus 2 palette). Paper Tiger is a good alternative.
- New Wave:Makeup Geek Early Bird an almost perfect dupe for and Charm from the Jeffree Star Androgyny palette.
The Pinks, Purples and Reds:
- Roxy: Colourpop I Owe You is a bit more orange and Makeup Geek Poppy is brighter and deeper.
- Rowdy: Makeup Geek Taboo is a very close dupe, even though it is less pigmented and more patchy. Makeup Geek Aphrodite and Colourpop Razy are both warmer, more plum.
- All Star: Makeup Geek Cherry Cola is a good duper for this shade and even Androgyny by Jeffree Star is close if you layer it a bit heavily.
The Greens and Browns:
- Destiny: Makeup Geek High Tea is definitely too light and brown to be a dupe, but Colourpop Team Captain seems to be a good alternative, whereas Makeup Geek Dirty Martini is too light and bright.
- Fudge: this was a difficult one to dupe because it is quite warm but without particularly red or yellow undertones. Jeffree Star Dominatrix is close if used with a light hand, and Makeup Geek Cabin Fever is a touch too light and pink.
- Untamed: more green and grey than a classic teal, I do not have a good dupe for it. However, MUG Enchanted Forest will give the same effect on the eyes.
- Axis: my favorite shade, and not exactly alike any other. Makeup Geek Time Travel is the closest, but none of the shadows shown here even come close to the pigmentation and richness of Axis.
As I mentioned in my review, I feel this is a must have palette if you love these shades. The mattes alone are worth it, because even if I can manage to dupe them in color, the formula is so unique and pigmented that it’s totally worth it. You can see the looks I created on my Instagram page.
What are your thought on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture palette dupes? Do you have any and will you be buying the palette?