Good morning beauties!
A new Essence limited edition is out and it’s all about beachy waves, colors from the sea and a lot of fun! I love lots of bits from the Essence permanent line and was immediately attracted to this collection.
- Soft Touch Eyeshadow (here): long lasting mousse eyeshadows in 4 colors, a peach and three blues. I swatched them in store and they weren’t very pigmented when blended out. I think the lighter shades are perfect to add some shimmer to an eye look.
- 2in1 Liner (here): in 3 shades of blue these liners have a fine and a thick felt tip to create any look. I got the lightest shade to make some unorthodox winged liner.
- Tinted Lip Balm (here): comes in a peachy and a pinky shade. Nothing special, does what the name suggests.
- Blush tint (here): this comes in only 1 coral shade and has a gel-like consistency. It felt quite wet when swatched and didn’t have a great pigmentation. A pass for me.
- Highlighter (here): an apricot toned highlighter, it looked great and swatched very nicely. I have way to many already so didn’t pick it up.
- Nail polish (here): comes in two blue shades, a lime yellow and a bright pink and each of them has a silicone ring to wear at the beach. A nice one for the younger ones among us. Essence nail polishes are great quality for the price and I recommend them.
- Body Tattoos (here): temporary tattoos with a surfing/caraibic theme, can be removed with water and soap.
- Beach Hair Waves Spray (here): a was sold out atsea salt spray to get that messy beachy look (which I love here). It was sold out at the moment, but I’d love to try it out.
- Sun glass case (here): it’s neon orange and made of silicone, you definitely won’t be losing it on the beach!
Here is my face of the day using the 2in1 liner in 03 Stand up and paddle. I loved the idea and the color of the liner but I found it so difficult to apply. It went on patchy and the tip dried out before I was done with one eye (!!!!). Another bad news is that they transferred on my upper lid, which doesn’t normally happen with my other liners, but i guess I just need to let it dry longer. Sigh. I am not so happy. The staying power is good and it stayed on all day without flaking or fading.
- L’Oreal Eau de Teint in 140 Pure Beige
- L’Oreal Fit Me Powder
- The Body Shop Bronzing Pearls
- Catrice Defining Blush 030 Love & Peach
- Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Peach Smoothie
- Lorac Pro palette eyeshadow Sable
- NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk
- Catrice Eyebrow Definer in 040
- Essence Big Bright Eyes brow highlighter pencil
- Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick In Love with Ginger (OMG it’s so gorgeous!!!!!)