Last week I headed out to a beautiful spot in nature to participate in a photo shoot with the gorgeous Gretta Martina and Shirley Coenen. The theme was animal prints in a Sahara setting and I think it as captured wonderfully by the vision of Shirley. We were chasing the sunset and running against time to get the lighting that makes these pictures magic.
As the makeup artist, I met with the model an hour in advance and prepared her. It’s a completely different experience to work on someone else compared to doing my own makeup. You need to get to know the model’s shapes and skin to apply the makeup to enhance the best features.
Here is the makeup for the shoot, I went for a gold and brown smokey eye that matches the theme:
- Benefit Porefessional Primer
- Ben Nye cream foundation palette used both for foundation, concealer and contour by mixing different tones and thinning it down with lotion because Gretta’s skin is in great shape and I didn’t need much coverage.
- Sleek Blush by 3 in Sugar gave a great combination of cheek color and glow
- Naked 2 Half Baked gold eyeshadow tapped on the cheekbones as golden highlight.
- Kiko Longlasting Eyeshadow Stick in Golden brown all over the lid
- Lorac Pro Espresso in the outer third and Sable as transition color
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Half Baked on the inner half of the lid and Buff as brow highlight
- Maybelline Master Drama Brown Eyeliner to thicken the lash line
- Catrice Brow Kit and Pencil to define the eyebrows
The lips were just dabbed with a bit of lip balm.
The makeup is quite simple because the setting and clothing should speak stronger and it is meant to intensify the expression and define the model’s features. Here are some more pics from the shoot!
Overall a great experience to work with such great people and I definitely learned quite a bit. I love to do these photo shoots once in a while and get to practice on different face and eye shapes and colors. I am very proud of the result and definitely thanks both Gretta and Shirley so much for the great collaboration!!! Go check them out at share some love if you like what they do!!
Now I’m off to improve my contouring technique!!
I hope you enjoy this type of posts as well! What do you think?