Colors, bright and wonderful colors are one of the reasons I got into makeup in the first place. You can imagine my joy at finding these beauties. I am talking about the Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipsticks Collection. Comprised of 5 daring shades, these lipsticks are affordable and can be easily ordered on the Makeup Revolution website which ships worldwide. This is not to underestimate, since I have had my eyes on the Nyx Macaroons since they were released, and no way to get a hold of them, frustrating!
Anyway, back to the Scandalous lipsticks, they come in simple plastic black bullets with a color indicator on the cap. It is not the most sturdy and expensive looking packaging, and the color on the top also confused me a bit, because I´m used to it being on the bottom, but that´s just me being picky. As soon as I received them my friend and I had a swatch fest in front of my astonished boyfriend, it was hilarious!
And here are the lip swatches! To take proper swatches of the lighter colors, I decided to blank out my own quite pigmented lips for the lighter colors.
|My bare lips without (top) and with concealer (bottom)|
|Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Felony over concealer|
|Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Vice on my own lips|
|Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Crime on my own lips|
|Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Depraved over concealer|
|Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Immoral over concealer|
- Felony is a true yellow, but not pigmented enough to give good coverage, plus it really emphasizes my uber dry lips (sigh);
- Vice is a beautiful light orange. I have a lot of orange lipsticks that are your classic orange lipstick, while this is not a shade I would usually wear everyday, I can see some it in some crazy colorful look. The pigmentation is better and the coverage is good.
- Crime is the most wearable of the bunch, a very nice fuchsia that goes on very creamy and has good coverage.
- Depraved is a lilac shade that I had never wore before, and I like it! Quite difficult to pair with clothes and makeup though, since I’m not one for pastels.
- Immoral was the one I was most excited about since I love blue lipsticks, however the pigmentation of this was so little that I had to layer it 4 times to get this swatch, too bad.
Overall, I love the colors but the formula of these lipsticks is definitely too creamy and greasy, so they don’t transfer color to the lips and they slip everywhere, vanishing is little time. I see myself using them for some colorful makeup at home, for sure!!
You can find these on the Makeup Revolution website for just over 1€.
Have you ever tried lipsticks from the brand? Are other formulas better? I am curious to try a few of the new vampy collection!