Welcome back to part 2 of my 2014 yearly favorites! Last time I told you about my top skincare picks, you can read it here if you missed it, and today we’re talking makeup! It was difficult to reduce the amount of products to something that would fit in one post, especially regarding lipsticks and nail polish. I just use and love so many that it was a torture to only pick a few (melodramatic, I know). Brace yourselves, this is a long one!
- L’Oréal Nude Magique Eau de Teint: this has been my go-to summer foundation and I wore it religiously. It is very liquid low coverage, is applied best with your fingers and it sets to a matte powder finish. Very much recommended.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: I love this foundation and use it everyday in these colder months. It provides medium buildable coverage, is imperceptible on the skin and smells like fresh fruit juice. It feels incredibly moisturizing and needs to be set with a powder for us oily girls, but I still love it.
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer: I have tried numerous concealers this year including the MAC Pro Longwear one and this is stil my most used. It has the perfect fluid consistency, doesn’t dry you under eye area and can be used also on zits and other problematic areas.
- The Body Shop Brush on Bronzing pearls: I have used these almost religiously all summer because they give such a healthy warm glow to the skin that I haven’t found in any other bronzer. Highly recommended!
- Essence Blush Up in 10 Heat wave: this is the perfect color combination: in one compact you have your orange and your pink blushes and a coral tone in between. Again a big favorite during the warmer months,
- Catrice Defining Blushes: I raved about these here, so I’ll just say gorgeous color range, great quality and staying power for drugstore price.
- E.l.f. cosmetics Eyelid primer: this is the only primer that keeps shadows from creasing on my oily lids and I swear by it. I went through 4 tubes over time and have 2 backups at all times. It’s a must.
- Lorac Pro palettes: I got the first one inFebruaty last year and ever since it has only competed with her sister later in the year. Expect buttery shadows, incredible blendability and gorgeous colors. You can read full reviews with swatches of the Lorac Pro and Pro 2 palettes here and here.
- Maybelline Master Drama Brown kohl liner: this is an unsung hero. It is my favorite kohl eyeliner and i use it almost on a daily basis, when I don’t wear liquid or gel liner. It is easily blendable but sets waterproof and has a beautiful deep brown color. I went through 3 of these already and keep repurchasing.
- Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid liner: this has become very fast my favorite liquid liner. The point is very fine and makes it very easy to start a line in the middle of your lid and wing out only the outer part, which is my preferred everyday look. Also this is 100% waterproof and, especially important, it is tearproof. My eyes water a lot while cycling to work everyday and this doesn’t move. Only con is the price, but check out the sales because it’s really worth it!
- Inglot Gel Liner: is have reported my EUREKA moment in this post here when I discovered this liner back in September. It has become a favorite almost instantly thanks to the infinite lasting power and ease of application with the Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush.
- Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush: as mentioned before, perfect brush for gel liner and recently also my favorite to apply the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. Inexpensive, high quality and perfectly shaped brush.
- Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush: this guy appeared in my October Favorites last but since I’ve had it, it has been my favorite crease brush.
- Kiko Precision Eyebrow Pencil: this is a more recent discovery, but I got so hooked that I have two colors. The pencil is very thin and allows great precision. Love it!
- L’Oréal False Lash Telescopic Waterproof mascara: I love layering this as my last coat of mascara to get super long lashes and a waterproof coating.
- L’Oréal Collection Privée Eva’s Nude: this was the first nude I felt was really for me. It is peachy and creamy and just lovely.
- Maybelline ColorSensational 904 Vivid Rose: the bright pink of my summer, it has an amazing staying power and it leaves a stain behind that means your lips are never naked.
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 03 Hot Pepper and 05 Olé Flamingo! these have been this year’s sensation. A smooth liquid lipstick formula that dries matte and lasts forever. I want them all!
- L’Oréal Collection Exclusive Letita’s Red: another great launch this autumn, this dark red had beaten MAC Diva as my go to vampy lipstick. It is more comfortable and the color suits me better. You can find out more here.
- Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Polish in Bordeaux: gorgeous dark red that smells like berries for a good couple of days and the staying power is great too!
- Rimmel 60 Seconds in 320 Rapid Ruby: from one of the most owned brands of nail polish a rich medium red that is as classic as it gets.
- Kiko Nail Laquer in 359 Light Peach and 389 Mint Milk: definitely my most worn and loved all summer, these muted neons earned me a lot of compliments.
End of the year special mentions:
- Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Auburn and Chocolate: I picked these two up woth the Black Friday sales and I have been obsessed ever since!!!
- Kiko Sculpting Bronzer: this has been in my monthly favorite as well and has made contouring a must everyday ritual for me. Together with the Real Techniques Contour brush it made a huge difference this final few months!