Buying base products like foundation and concealer online is super hard so in occasion of the launch of the new Nabla Close Up concealer, I wanted to share a comprehensive comparison of all the concealers I own. So here we are with my concealer swatch comparisons, which doubles as my concealer collection.
Good morning beauties!
A new Essence limited edition is out and it’s all about beachy waves, colors from the sea and a lot of fun! I love lots of bits from the Essence permanent line and was immediately attracted to this collection.
- Soft Touch Eyeshadow (here): long lasting mousse eyeshadows in 4 colors, a peach and three blues. I swatched them in store and they weren’t very pigmented when blended out. I think the lighter shades are perfect to add some shimmer to an eye look.
- 2in1 Liner (here): in 3 shades of blue these liners have a fine and a thick felt tip to create any look. I got the lightest shade to make some unorthodox winged liner.
- Tinted Lip Balm (here): comes in a peachy and a pinky shade. Nothing special, does what the name suggests.
- Blush tint (here): this comes in only 1 coral shade and has a gel-like consistency. It felt quite wet when swatched and didn’t have a great pigmentation. A pass for me.
- Highlighter (here): an apricot toned highlighter, it looked great and swatched very nicely. I have way to many already so didn’t pick it up.
- Nail polish (here): comes in two blue shades, a lime yellow and a bright pink and each of them has a silicone ring to wear at the beach. A nice one for the younger ones among us. Essence nail polishes are great quality for the price and I recommend them.
- Body Tattoos (here): temporary tattoos with a surfing/caraibic theme, can be removed with water and soap.
- Beach Hair Waves Spray (here): a was sold out atsea salt spray to get that messy beachy look (which I love here). It was sold out at the moment, but I’d love to try it out.
- Sun glass case (here): it’s neon orange and made of silicone, you definitely won’t be losing it on the beach!
Here is my face of the day using the 2in1 liner in 03 Stand up and paddle. I loved the idea and the color of the liner but I found it so difficult to apply. It went on patchy and the tip dried out before I was done with one eye (!!!!). Another bad news is that they transferred on my upper lid, which doesn’t normally happen with my other liners, but i guess I just need to let it dry longer. Sigh. I am not so happy. The staying power is good and it stayed on all day without flaking or fading.
- L’Oreal Eau de Teint in 140 Pure Beige
- L’Oreal Fit Me Powder
- The Body Shop Bronzing Pearls
- Catrice Defining Blush 030 Love & Peach
- Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Peach Smoothie
- Lorac Pro palette eyeshadow Sable
- NYX jumbo eye pencil in milk
- Catrice Eyebrow Definer in 040
- Essence Big Bright Eyes brow highlighter pencil
- Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick In Love with Ginger (OMG it’s so gorgeous!!!!!)
|My beachy waves using the L’ Oreal Wave creating spray|
|Health City’s XCO workout with my fav instructor Joyce!|
|Weight and fitness tracker|
|Summer essentials: my favorite bronzers|
My absolute favorite of all time and go to bronzer is The Body Shop Brush on Bronzing Pearls (18.50€ here). This was an impulse buy at an event and I was a bit skeptical to how much I’d use it because of the shimmer, but I am totally in love with the golden sheen it gives the skin, looking natural and glowing at the same time! It is my everyday pick, I had it on here. I obtain a very similar effect with the E.l.f. Golden Bronzer (4€ here) even though the application is slightly more powdery, you can see it in action here. Another amazing one is the Bourjois Bronzing Powder (10€ here), it contains the smallest gold shimmer and smells and looks like chocolate. Paradise! An oldie but a goodie is the Rimmel Natural Bronzer (7€ here). This is a matte bronzer that you can never go wrong with. Never too orange, never looks muddy and is inexpensive. The last addition to my collection is the Soap & Glory Sun Powder (11£ here). This is a beautiful duo with a darker bronzing shade and a lighter golden highlighter, which you can use separately or swirl them together depending on what you feel that day.
|A few pics of my normal meals from my Instagram (follow me here)|
Starting with a bit of history, I’ve been “round on the edges” for my whole life, more or less. As a kid I used to be bullied for being chubby and it took me the best of my teens to accept my body and realize it wasn’t a monstrosity. Getting over my some of my issues didn’t change the fact that since I was 17 years old I’ve been on and off diets, seeing nutritionists and seeing kilos come and go like the tide. Even when diets went well and I had reached a weight I was happy with, my body just wouldn’t stay on it and to keep the kilos off I had to struggle constantly, which on the long run was just not possible. Ever since I have accepted that I will never be a skinny girl. I will always have my curves and some cushions here and there and I actually think that they make me more beautiful and unique.
|Calorie counter: Dashboard (top), Daily Analysis (bottom right), Food Log (bottom left)|
I hop to keep this up until I leave for holidays in 3 weeks and loose another 2kg on the way. I am realistic and don’t expect to be able to log my food while on vacation, but I will then start again from when I left off as I return to Eindhoven and hopefully have lost a good 5-7 kg by my birthday in October. Optimistic but I want to succeed!
Stay tuned next week for part 2 of this fresh start where I go through my fitness routine and resolutions!
Wish me luck! Do you have any tips and tricks up your sleeve?
|My Sephora Wishlist|
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (49$): I’ve eyed this palette since it launched and I am still obsessed! I’ll have it someday!
- Benefit Go TropiCORAL Lip & Cheek Tint (28$): this set contains mini sizes of their beautiful coraly products such as Chacha Tint, Coralista blush, HighBeam liquid highlighter and Ultra Plush Coralista gloss. I’ve wanted to get the first two for the longest time and this is a good value for what you get!
- Formula X The System (32$): these nail polishes are having a great hype lately and I’ve been dying to try them! This set comes with a Nail Cleanser, Base Coat, Top Coat and a nail polish color of choice.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (58$): these three finishing powders will give you a flawless complexion and set your makeup. They’re super hyped in the blogosphere and I’ve wanted to try it for a while!
- Kat von D Tattoo Liner (18$): I’ve loved Kat’s style since back at Miami Inc and I’ve been dying to try something from her makeup line and I am always looking for a good liner that won’t melt or budge.
So here’s what I’m wearing:
- Elf Eyebrow kit in Medium (here): a wax and a powder, amazing! Don’t take my brow as an exaple today, I really need to get them threaded! sigh!
- Elf Eyelid Primer (here): one of the best eyeshadow primers I’ve tried AND for 1€! Unbeatable!
- Elf Mineral Eyeshadow in Enchanting (here): a matte soft brown, perfect for the crease;
- Elf Eyeshadow Pan in Mocha (all over the lid), Golden Glow (middle of the lid and lower lash line), Pink Ice (inner corner highlight), Aubergine (outer V and liner) (here): these eyeshadow pans are only 1€ and they are so good for the price! There is a bit of fall out but they blend great!
- Elf Eyeshadow Brush (here), Contour Brush (here) and Blending Eye Brush (here): these brushes are great!!!
- MAC Face and Body: I don’t have an elf base so i used this foundation which I adore, but I feel like it’s breaking me out, so i use it sparingly.
- Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream: lightweight and brightening concealer, again I don;t have an elf concealer;
- Elf High Definition Undereye Setting Powder (here): very finely milled setting powder with a slight sheen to brighten the undereye area;
- Elf Small Tapered Brush (here): ine of the newest brushes I got and I am absolutely obsessed with this! It’s so soft, tapered, precise and perfect to set the undereye area;
- Elf High Definition Powder (here): the bigger sister of the undereye powder without any sheen, great setting powder!
- Elf Golden Bronzer (here): a four sectioned bronzer, slightly shimmery, perfect to apply all over the outer area of the face;
- Elf Stipple Brush (here): the only brush I use for bronzer, ever! It’s just amazing at getting little product and big enough to make application fast and easy;
- Elf Studio Blush in Peachy Keen (here): the Studio blushes are all amazing and pigmented and this peachy shimmery shade gives a slight tint and highlight to the cheeks;
- Elf Angled Blush Brush (here): my favorite and only blush brush ever! I own 2 and could not go without!
|e.l.f. eyeshadow pans in my small Z-Palette|
|L’Oréal Caresse Extraordinaire in Fuschsia Drama (left) and Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo (right)|
We were blessed with very warm and sunny weather which transformed the terrain in a huge sand box and meant a lot of SPF and sweating involved.
|Festival skincare bits|
We were staying 5 days camping with limited access to running water, so for cleansing I had to rely on makeup remover wipes and my L’Oréal Micellar water with some cotton pads. To be honest after the second day my skin started missing my usual double cleanse and targeted purifying cleanser by breaking out on my chin, grrrr! I left home serums and such and only brought with me a sample size of the Origins Starting Over eye cream, my Effaclar Mat and a my night cream in a travel pot. Of course spending all that time outside in the sun I couldn’t go without my beloved ROC Soleil Protexion+ Mattifying SPF 30 (review here).
To be honest I had to strip down my stash a bit too much for my liking especially on the cleansing and night time part and was very happy when I could go back to my routine and a clay mask the evening we got home.
In the makeup department I chose to bring only a few pieces. Taking into account the warm weather, dust, jumping, 15h days, I decided not to wear any face makeup and concentrate only on the eyes. I picked water and sweat proof products in grungy/rock colors such as the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate (here), Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in Golden Brown (here), Maybelline Master Drama Kohl liner in Dark Brown and the Rimmel Scandaleues Liner in Black. For mascara I couldn’t leave my magic duo at home: Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam and L’Oréal False Lash Telescopic Waterproof. Finally, I feel absolutely un-presentable without my brows done, so I had my Catrice Eye Brow Stylist in 040 Don’t Let me Brow’n.
All in all, I had a blast and didn’t really bother bringing a mirror for touch ups on the terrain hihihih.
What do you bring along at festivals? Do you wear any makeup?