Let the decluttering begin! It is now official, we’ll be moving back to Europe at the end of December and it’s time to pare down my collection! This is part two, where I declutter my bronzer, blush and highlighter collection.
I am not one to dwell on the past, but going through my stash to find my 2016 makeup favorites is another matter. I have discovered a lot of amazing new makeup this year, some of which has become my go-to, holy grail, marry me-status makeup so I can’t wait to share them with you. This is a long post!
Tarte Cosmetics Color Wheel Amazonian Clay palette for Holidays 2016 – swatches and first impressions
As I showed in my American Haul #1 video on my channel, I managed to snatch the Tarte Cosmetics Color Wheel palette during its first release on Tarte’s website. I have been longing to try their Amazonian Clay blushes forever and this palette was the perfect occasion. I recorded a video to show you the palette and in this post I will give you more details and swatches.
The colors range from darker reds to mauve and rosy pinks. Whereas in summer shimmer is a big no-no for me since I got my own shine going on with my oily skin, in winter I like adding a sheen on my cheeks and here come out a few blushes with some shimmer as well. So let’s check them out.
- Essence Silky Touch Blush in 070 Kissable (2.59€ here and at the drugstore): this is a mid tone rose color with a golden shimmer that really warms up the complexion.
- Kiko Soft Touch Blush in 107 Tomato (7.50€ here): this matte formula is super pigmented and needs a light hand, but it gives the most beautiful red-but-pink flush. You can see it in action here and here.
- NYX blush in Dusty Rose (6.99€ here): the newcomer, is the satin peachy-pink one that reminds you of summer but has the darker rose tone in there that brings it on strong for fall.
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Blush in Blushing Rose (4.00€ here): is the darker and more mauvy of these but has a beautiful golden satin sheen, not shimmer.
- Sleek Blush by 3 in Sugar (12.99€ here): this is a triple threat and contains three gorgeous shades for fall. The first from the left is a matte dark red that is not too pigmented and just looks vampy on the cheeks (see it here), the second looks the scariest and gives a rusty color with gold shimmer and finally the third is a matte pumpkin orange that fits all your warmer looks.